Friday 28 January 2011

We are already at the end of the first month of 2011

We are already at the end of the first month of 2011 and I can still hear the 'Happy New Year' wishes ringing loud . One of the innumerable times I realise that "Time is your most expensive asset" . I have a habit of debriefing various life cycles of my time . One of the most important amongst them is my monthly debrief . So , what is this debrief ? For me it is the documentation of all the wins I had , all the challenges I enjoyed , the important lessons I learnt , fine tuning of your annual goals after this important passage of time , celebrating relationships : my team , my Clients , new contacts , my students ( I truly enjoy learning the subject with them ) and launching myself into yet another gift of a month . I guess you get the idea .

Let me pull out one of the highlights from this debrief . I wish to share with all of you , our LEED gold certified project which is scheduled to be commissioned mid of February . It truly was a celebration to retrospect or shall I say , relish this project . Everything was(and is) right in this one , a supportive Client , great amount of freedom , a fantastic team working on the project , material imports coming just in time , our vendor partners bending backwards to achieve our commitments . I feel happy just mentioning these points . Though , we have been dabbling with sustainable interiors for some time now , we decided to up the ante and go for a USGBC certification . In our early days of documentation , my mind fleeted four years back when we were preparing ourselves for an external ISO 9001:2000 vetting . I must say documentation clearly improves the quality of your service and therefore your offering . We also have noticed the ease with which we have slipped onto our next LEED certified project , thanks to this one . Once we wrap this project up , it would be nice to share with you some highlights which green building documentation had to offer us .


Wish you a fantastic February and till next time !!

No comments:

Post a Comment